Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common endocrine disorders in women during their reproductive years. At any age, PCOS can be devastating to women, especially during the reproductive years; PCOS is the leading cause of female infertility. Read further to know more.
Quick facts about PCOS
- PCOS is one of the leading causes of poor fertility among women.
- Research reveals that it can occur in girls as young as 11 years old.
- The risk of heart attack is 4-7 times higher in women with PCOS than women of the same age without it.
- Women with PCOS have a 70% prevalence of elevated triglycerides and low HDL: The “Good” Cholesterol.
- Women with PCOS have more testosterone and can build muscle easier than women without the condition.
Symptoms of PCOS
It is important to look for the listed below symptoms of PCOS.
- Menstrual cycle irregularity
- Weight gain or obesity
- Cysts on the ovaries
- Pelvic pain
- Anxiety or depression
Listed below are the most common PCOS causes.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excess insulin
Complications of PCOS
Women suffering from PCOS have higher chances of infertility, miscarriage, gestational diabetes, pregnancy-induced high blood pressure and premature delivery. Babies born to women with PCOS have an increased risk of being admitted in a neonatal intensive care unit or dying before, during, or shortly after birth. Women with PCOS have a higher risk of developing multiple serious disorders, including life-threatening diseases.
Some of the medical conditions that PCOS may lead to are as follows.
- Type 2 diabetes which is a life-long condition that causes the blood sugar level to become extremely high
- Depression and mood swings
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol which can lead to heart diseases and stroke
- Sleep apnea
- Women with absent or very irregular periods (fewer than three or four periods a year) due to PCOS for many years have a higher-than-average risk of developing cancer of the womb lining (endometrial cancer).
Diagnosis of PCOS
Many women are often not immediately diagnosed with PCOS. A diagnosis of PCOS requires the presence of two of the following three conditions.
- Anovulation or oligo-ovulation which are kinds of ovulary dysfunction
- Clinical or biochemical signs of acne, hirsutism, alopecia
- Polycystic ovaries and the exclusion of other etiologies
It is important to note that outside of these criteria, women with PCOS often experience other conditions that can affect their short- and long-term physical and mental health. Decreased quality of life from mood disturbances, decreased sexual satisfaction, weight gain, acne vulgaris, and alopecia have all been associated. PCOS may represent one of the largest groups of women at high risk for the development of early-onset coronary heart disease. Many women with PCOS develop metabolic syndrome which is a collection of cardiovascular disease risk factors associated with insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, hypertension, and central obesity.
Homeopathy Treatment of PCOS
The advantages of PCOS treatment in homeopathy are as follows.
- Homeopathy treatment corrects the hormonal imbalance naturally.
- Homeopathic medicines for PCOS treat without any side effects.
- Homeopathy corrects the primary causes of the disease from its root.
- Homeopathy treatment regularizes the ovulation and restores the menstrual cycle.
- Homeopathy discovers a personalized remedy that is best suited for you.
- Hormonal imbalances can be stressful and might give rise to mood swings. These can be corrected with homeopathy treatment.
- Homeopathy treatment helps to manage associated complaints like acne, weight gain, hair loss, and infertility.
Not addressing all the aspects of PCOS such as depression, might delay the treatment of the primary issues such as fertility. The longer proper treatment is delayed, the increased chances of developing other health issues such as metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease. Treating the patient holistically seems like a very simple answer to a large problem; this will only happen if you visit your nearest homeopathy clinic and seek the proper treatment.